30 - 31 January, 2018 Clayton Hotel Chiswick , Chiswick, United Kingdom
Director of Workforce Management HM Revenue & Customs
HM Revenue & Customs employees 66,000 people across the UK. Ravi has responsibilities for strategic resourcing and workforce management. He also holds a number of other corporate HR responsibilities. His objective is to support the department’s transformation to better meet changing customer expectations. HMRC will become smaller, more highly skilled and reduce its footprint through managed office closures and significant workforce moves. Team of 140 staff with c£29m budget.
• Establishing the work programme to create 13 regional centre hubs and 4 specialist sites from its existing footprint of 170 offices.
• Leading the logistical operation of communicating HMRCs future of moving to regional centres in a face to face conversation to 66,000 staff across 170 sites at the same time.
• Leading the first significant workforce reductions programme through office moves, voluntary and compulsory redundancies, at a scale not previously seen.
• Leading the work on the migration of thousands of staff from closing offices to Regional centres, specialist sites, stepping stone and transitional offices.
• Leading the largest recruitment programmes in Government c17,000 people over 2 years to meet HMG additional compliance yield and performance targets.
• Chairing and leading the work in support of HMGs aspiration to tackle social mobility by recruiting c1500 apprentices in 2016/17 alone.
• Chairing the Workforce Management Board to manage all workforce reform changes.
• Led the consultation on office closures in consultations with MPs, Ministers and SoS for devolved administrations.
• Active involvement in investment decisions for transformation and change as a member of the Investment Committee. Including significant improvements to people impact assessments in the business case process.
Check out the incredible speaker line-up to see who will be joining Ravi .